Excellence in Career and Technical Education
Sydney Schennel Barnett
Class of 2014
The Sydney Schennel’s Passion Scholarship honors the memory and celebrates the essence of who she was, a young woman of Relentless Ambition, Explosive Creativity & Loving Generosity, while working towards being a Social Activist and Passionate Designer that never failed to go above and beyond to further her craft.
After graduation, Sydney started her own couture level design line while being a freshman at the Fashion Institute of Technology.
She passed after her first year of college and although she was not present with the rest of the 2018 graduating class, her determination and love for fashion will live on with the recognition of every student that embodies her spirit.
Applicants to this award must demonstrate excellence in their Career and Technical Education major
- Submit year end transcript with GPA of 85.00 or over
- Create and share with non-profit a self titled Google Folder under HSFI Drive with archived projects related to your CTE major
- Commendation Letter of CTE teachers for achievements
- Annual monetary award will be given at the end of the school – Initial award for 1st year applicants can start at $100 – Amount can increase dependent on donations.
- Award winners are eligible and encouraged to apply annually – Second time winners will receive increase of award
- Award winners with consistent documented annual wins qualify for major award upon graduation